Many people only see a doctor when they’re sick or have some other health concern. On the other hand, some people visit a doctor regularly for checkups, to ask questions and get advice, and to maintain good health.
Which do you think is the better approach? Obviously, the second one!
The same is true when it comes to real estate. Even if you have no current plans to buy or sell a home, there are many reasons to talk to a REALTOR regularly in order to maintain your good “real estate” health. For example, you can:
- Get an assessment of the current market value of your home, so you can make an informed decision about whether to stay or move.
- Ask about the state of the local real estate market (which may be vastly different than what you hear on the news)
- Find out what homes are currently selling for in the area.
- Learn what’s currently available on the market, especially in neighbourhoods you would like to live in and that are within your budget.
- Ask for a contractor recommendation.
In fact, it’s a good idea to have a chat with your REALTOR once or twice a year, even if it’s just to say hello.
You want to build a relationship with a good REALTOR who understands (and cares about) you and your needs. That way, when it does come time for you to make a move, you’re dealing with a REALTOR you already know and trust.
Don’t have a good REALTOR? Call today! 905-914-5302